Collaborative Research Centre (CRC) 287
The CRC examines reacting moving granular assemblies with gas flow, an important unit operation in energy process engineering.
We develop models for reactive particle systems from DNS up to large-scale reactor simulations by DEM/CFD. Additionally, we focus on innovating measurement techniques that provide a detailed insight into the phenomena in moving, reacting particle beds.
The CRC is funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, German Research Foundation )
Project ID 422037413 – CRC 287.
- 24,11,2023 Paper on MR based magnetic susceptibility measurements of 3D printing materials at 3 Tesla,published. Read more……………..
- 15,11,2023 Paper on Shape-changing particles for locally-resolved particle geometry in DEM simulations published. Read more……………..
- 10,11,2023 Paper on simulation of reacting flows in packed beds using flamelet generated manifolds accepted. Read more……………..
- 08,11,2023 Paper on radar-based particle localization in densely-packed granular assemblies published. Read more……………..
- 01,11,2023 Paper on investigation to elucidate the fluid flow through packed beds with structured particle packings accepted. Read more……………..
2.-5.,04,2024 CRC 287 will organise a section at the INFUB conference . Read more
18,12,2023 Hybrid-lecture “Parenthood and Science” in Magdeburg. Read more
15,12,2023 Workshop on “Gender appropriate candidate assessment” in Magdeburg. Read more
14,12,2023 Lecture on CO2 geological sequestration in the deccan volcanic province through multiphase flow and reactive transport simulations by Prof. Vikranth Kumar Surasani Read more
06,10,2023, 10-11 Lecture on “Modelling the combustion/gasification of biomass in fixed beds: an Eulerian-Eulerian” in Magdeburg by Prof. Jacobo Porteiro. Read more